Mar 20, 2013

League Post - Guilty Pleasures

league of extraordinary bloggers logo

Another, fairly vague topic for the League assignment this week:

Guilty Pleasures

 There's plenty of things about me that someone might put on their own list
  • I love 80s glam/hairbands
  • I purposely seek out bad movies
  • I still collect toys and comic books

    But this is all me and nothing I wouldn't admit to anyone on the virtual street.
    So what is the thing I keep under wraps?

    Bubblegum pop

    Now, I'm no Belieber. I've never heard an entire song by him and if I have any choice, I never will. I also don't go all teenage girl and plaster my walls with posters but I enjoy some pop music.
 
I liked Britney's early stuff before she went all shave your head crazy.
I also downloaded just about every remix I could get my digital hands on.
I'm a sucker for remixes in general anyway.

 
I listened to this album waaaaay more than any man my age at the time should have.
All I can say is, it's a good thing they can't put you on the sex offender watch list based on what music you listen to.

 
These guys are the only current bubblegum pop I enjoy. I do like a little JT on occasion but I think he's above the bubblegum pop label.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for catchy, upbeat pop music.

What are other Leaguers confessing to?
Shezcrafti has her own musical obsession
The one who suggested this topic, Goodwill Geek, runs down some movies
Flashlights are Something to Eat has a whole list of things

3 comments:

  1. Have you heard any of Britney's unreleased stuff? There's quite a lot of it, and much of it is even better than some of the songs that ended up being album filler or actual singles. Check out "Kiss You All Over," a rejected track from the Blackout era. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH42XwXlDHQ) It's rough and unpolished but you can hear the potential for an awesome song there.

    She did a cover of The Jet's "You Got It All" during her early days which I love, because it's a hard song to sing and shows off Britney's unique vocal style: throaty, breathy and extra notes all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I never quite dove into it that much. I check out that song and I don't care for the music/beat behind it. The vocals are good but the music is right on the line of where I won't want to listen to it.

      My new obsession is AKB48, who did the "Sugar Rush" theme for Wreck-It Ralph. Even though I can't understand most of the words, the chorus is catchy as hell. http://youtu.be/a040_6Xl0jk

      Delete